MORE INFO AND TO REGISTER: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pittsburgh-teen-summit-tickets-42570085271
A fun afternoon of connecting, sharing, and learning for teens and tweens with food allergies ages 11 – 19, and their parents.
*No siblings please, in attempt to have enough space for the food allergic teens.
- When and how to use the Epinephrine Auto-injector (e.g. EpiPen®, Auvi-Q®)
- Ask the allergist (for teens and parents)
- Managing anxiety in teens and adults
- Parenting tips and tricks for teens and tweens
- How to read a label
- Living well with food allergies: travel, friends, fun
- What every teen wants their parent to know
- Dating and kissing with food allergies*
(*Requires parent approval for attendance, there will be an optional track during this session)
- Todd Green, MD – Allergist, Vice President of Medical Affairs at DBV Technologies and Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Immunology at Children’s Hosptial of Pittsburgh UPMC
- Kyle Dine – Internationally known food allergy educator and entertainer
- Kate Parker – Epi-Life Support Group, Founder
- Gina Clowes – National Director of Training, FARE, Parenting Coach
The event will feature three separate tracks:
- Pre-teen/young teen
- Older teen/young adult
Parents are not permitted to attend the teen sessions.
No food will be served at the event.
Please do not bring or register siblings or children younger than age 11. Material is not suitable for younger children.
There is limited capacity and we anticipate this event will sell out quickly.
Refunds are available until April 30th.
This project was made possible through a community award from Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE)
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
No ID requirment. This event is for teens ages 11-19 and their parents or guardian.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is free parking in the North Garage at Children’s Hopsital of Pittsburgh of UPMC off of 44th Street. There will be signage at the garage entrance. Press the intercom button to enter the garage and state you are attending the Food Allergy Teen Summit. To exit, press the intercom.
Here is a link to the hospital and garage map.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact Kate Parker at email@example.com with questions.
What’s the refund policy?
Your money can be refunded until April 30th. Space is limited so please cancel as soon as possible to let those on the wait list be notified.